Sunday, May 19, 2013

Day +3 Feeling Anxious

And so it begins. Henry is starting to feel sick. He was a tad bit nauseous and had diarrhea last night. He tries to blame his cold dinner last night but I know the truth and so does he. The white blood cell counts have dropped by half... Overnight.
I am anxious and nervous. I feel like, to quote Tennessee Williams, a cat on a hot tin roof. Jumpy/ He got no sleep, aka he will be cranky. I feel the need to self-editorialize. The need to be gentle but not mothering.
I took my time at breakfast this morning because he told me he was going to be sleeping. However, true to hospital protocol, they never quit bothering him. Sigh.
So my agenda today is maybe watch some episodes from Call of the Midwife on PBS on my computer. With headphones on.
I feel very alone at this very moment. Not one of my friends understands, my family is clueless and Facebook is in the dark. I could call on of my MM people for encouragement but don't feel like I know them well enough. So I wait. I wait and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment