Saturday, May 25, 2013

Exhaustion

I have hit a wall metaphorically in my life: mentally and physically. I am trying to be "perfect" and its not working. I am trying to be there for everyone. Henry in his illness, my father in HIS illness and his loneliness, Henry's parents in their worry, my friends, my family, work.
I cannot do it anymore. Feel like I am breaking down. I feel like I need a day's sleep and some deep meditation or prayer.
I am not getting enough sleep. I am eating too much. Crying constantly.
Henry is miserable. He is tired and feels like hell and then I am at the brunt of his misery.  He apologizes and I get it. I would be miserable too. I would probably be worse.

I need some space or to be out in the sun maybe.  But more likely I just need sleep.
Another MM caregiver said to take care of myself now because once I am home, I am gonna be busier. When I first read that, I almost burst out crying. I am busy from 7 am until midnight. I may be in the hospital, but I am helping Henry, getting him food or drinks to trying to work while he is sleeping.  I don't know how I am gonna be able to do it.



No comments:

Post a Comment