Sunday, May 19, 2013

It is December 10th. Just 15 days, two weeks until Christmas. Let me start by telling you I am no writer. Never have been. However, in my present circumstances, I feel the need to start a blog. To share my journey. To tell you of my own Chapter 2.

I met the love of my life in 2011. I was 40 and starting a new chapter in my life. I had moved back to my childhood hometown 4 years prior and just begun dating again. Our relationship began complicated but yet seemed simple at the same time.
He was seeing someone else and because of the person he was, he wanted to end it with her the right way.
I was infuriated that he didn't pick me and I ended the friendship/relationship. Out of the blue in March of 2012, he contacted me again. He was single and would I give him another chance.
And so I did and on July 3rd, he asked me to marry him. 
We traveled well together. My fiance loved to compete in BBQ competitions. We loved to be together. Rare arguments, lots of laughs. Then we tied the knot on October 13th, 2012. The happiest day of my life.
Now my Chapter 2 of my happy life could begin!

SCREETCH! Whoa! Put on the brakes!

Just one month later, my husband, smoking 13 turkeys on Thanksgiving, suffered excruciating pain in his lower back. It was so bad that I had to call the EMT's the following morning to help us get him to the hospital.Then the diagnosis. 

CANCER!

Whoa. What? Multiple Myeloma, What is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment